Friday, May 2, 2014

Stripping black out of hair, and after

My very first post on here was about ombre-ing my hair, now that spring has sprung, I think it is time for me to lighten my hair again. I was planning on going to a salon to have them do it, but yeah, I'm too cheap, and Feria's Wild Ombre works well.

My hair has been black for months and months, and I do love having dark hair, but I need a change.

Here is my current hair, holding my best friend Color Oops:

My previous times using Color Oops, my hair has come out my natural medium brown shade. Now, the suggested time for keeping the product on says 'no more than 20 minutes'. I however got distracted watching an episode of Star-Crossed, and left it on for like 40 minutes. I'm smart. Anyway, I think that is the reason I got the results I did.

Results:

This made me super happy. The picture isn't the best, but my hair is a light reddish brown. It is a BEAUTIFUL color! Now, I did also buy this:

However, I bought this intending to use it with the brown I thought my hair would turn out. I don't think it would look great using this with the color my hair currently is. And I don't want to double dye my hair like I did last time I ombre'd it [dying it brown on top and then bleaching the bottom]. SO, I plan on returning the ombre, and keeping my hair like this for a while, and then keeping my hair in the red color family for a while.

FOR EXAMPLE: I was at Walgreens with a friend, and we discovered this incredibly awesome, vibrant shade:

It's Vidal Sasson's shade Runway Red! It looks even more bright and vibrant in person! We didn't buy it, but we were both curious what the results would actually look like, and in googling up a storm I found a blog where a girl had this beautiful result:


So, yeaaaaah. That is an amazing color. That is where my head currently is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment