Friday, February 3, 2017

Ivory Clasp - Purse Subscription Service

Growing up pre-Netflix, my dad used to rib on my mom for her habit of buying movies and TV box sets. She would always say back to him, "Hey, we all have our vices." My vice has always been purses. Like, having over 30 at one point, not stopping, and just refusing to keep counting at that point. To be fair, these bags were typically bought from either Target, Marshalls, or Ross, where you can find nice, inexpensive bags. I'm all about finding deals, which brings me to Ivory Clasp.
I first heard about this subscription service through a Facebook ad, and immediately looked into it, including reviews about it.

Ivory Clasp is a monthly, or bi-monthly service where you can take a style quiz and be delivered a purse that is suited to your tastes. It is $45 dollars each purse, but they guarantee each purse will retail for over $100. I am typically hesitant to try a website that I first see advertised on Facebook, as they are known for promoting websites that operate out of China, and have terrible customer service and products (https://www.buzzfeed.com/sapna/chinese-company-behind-cheap-facebook-clothing-ads-responds?utm_term=.bfKK75zB#.epQvx06g) . I have seen legitimate ads for good companies, which makes it hard to differentiate. Ivory Clasp, however, has a 100% refund or exchange guarantee. If you are matched with a purse you don't like, you can send it back and get a different bag, or get a refund on your money. If you find that the purse you were sent retails for LESS THAN $100, you get to keep the bag, and they will send you another one that does retail for MORE THAN $100. Before placing my order, I checked online to see if there were any coupons available, and I found a 50% off coupon for the first month. This put me at just over $20 for my first bag.

I placed my order on January 11th, 2017 and waited! ..and waited... and waited.. and waited.. and ended up contacting customer service to ask why several weeks later I had no news about my bag, and didn't have any way to track it. They got back to me after the weekend and stated that there were unforeseen issues, but I would get an email being able to track my bag. They apologized and stated that this was unusual, and wouldn't happen again in the following months. I received my bag on February 3rd.

Box Opening:

When opening the box, on top of the paper is a note from the stylists who picked the bag for me, with surprisingly real signatures!

I'm not sure if this is a regular item that gets shipped with first purchases, or if it was a limited time bonus, but I got a pom key ring as well! It is more pink than appears in the photo.

Here is the bag! It is a medium sized hobo/shoulder bag in a dark blue color. I have never heard of this brand before "With212", but it is a beautiful sturdy bag, so I'm very happy with it! I wanted to also check online to find the website for the retail price, but had a surprisingly hard time finding it! The only way I was able to find the website was by typing "ivory clasp" into google with "with212." Odd. The purse does retail for $138, however!
Overall, I think I'll stick with this service for a while. You can't go wrong, because you can ultimately get a refund if you want. I would recommend this to all the purse lovers out there!




No comments:

Post a Comment