Saturday, May 17, 2014

Vidal Sassoon Merlot Vibrant Red 5RR/ L'Oreal Absolue 300

I have 2 days in a row off from work [which never happens], so that means I'm going to do something new to my hair. Because if I totally screw it up, I have an extra day to fix it! I really want red hair, but I've also been playing with the idea to dye it light brown. I already have a box of red dye and that won out.


Now, at this point, my hair is a weird auburn-y color, with the ends being a sort of red. Sorry if that is a confusing answer, but my hair is kind of confusing at this point. 
[I'm super fluffy here because I didn't style my hair after blow drying]

SO: Red is the goal, but since my hair is dark in some points [and I'm nervous it won't be very red], i'm using this product first:


I can absolutely guarantee my hair won't turn out blonde, but this should lighten the dark enough to make it a nice red when I dye it with the Vidal Sassoon. Plus, I'm curious how this stuff works. I have tried to find picture reviews, but they don't seem to exist.


AFTER:

Uhh yeah, Well, it did lighten up certain parts of my hair, I of course can't judge this product too much, because I have dyed my hair for years. If I had virgin hair, i'm sure id get better results.

Its very patchy. I didn't expect for there to be as many dark patches as there were. The bad thing about that is, with the red hair dye, my roots and other places will be bright red, and the dark spots will be dark red.

Plan B:

Brown hair it is! I don't want to risk screwing up my hair by making it red and being super uneven. I've wanted to try this Absolue product since I heard about it.

After using this, I am not a fan. I have used foam dyes before, and they do work, but they require you to be thorough. It is nice not having to mix part A with B and C, but the results were horribly patchy.

The foam is so light, it is difficult to tell where you actually put the dye, because it doesn't change color to show you like liquid dyes.


Overall this is how the color looks, not bad until you compare the ends to the roots. Now, I've dyed my hair for 10 years, I know how to do it. But this dye makes it way to easy to miss areas. I have areas completely missed, roots untouched, blah blah blah. I don't recommend this dye, which is unfortunate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment