Friday, September 13, 2013

Going from Orange to Blonde - Bleaching part 2

Ran out to Walgreen again today, with orange hair, which was fun, but I picked up several other things to help my hair get to where I want it. Especially because I work early tomorrow and there is no way I'll go to work with the way my hair is right now.

First I picked up this:


The difference between this one and the one I used in my last post, is this is the 'Maxi' one. I NEED the orange out of my hair, and there is a ton of it. 

Last night I wet my hair, put a lot of the purple shampoo in it, and wrapped it in a towel for about an hour. It didn't remove a lot of stuff this time. I think the difference from this time when I did it was that it was the red dye, not brassiness from bleaching. Because as I said when I started doing this, my hair was initially a brownish red color. 

Other things I picked up were:


Another bottle of Jhirmack purple shampoo, this one was a dollar cheaper, and was a dandruff shampoo, so why not? I picked up this dye, because this is one of those Garnier Nutrisse Ultra For naturally dark hair dyes. My hair right now isn't dark, but I'm thinking if this stuff can make black hair blonde in one step [as it claims], it can make a difference on orange hair [if the bleaching doesn't]. Also, on the box it calls the dye "Bleach-Free Lightening Technology." SOLD! I clearly don't need to bleach my hair anymore.

This is after the Maxi Bleach:

It is blonde, with slight orangey tones. It is a ton better than it was before. Before it was pretty much solid orange. 

At this point I am so tired of dying my hair. I can't believe I spent my 2 days off from work pretty much in the bathroom the entire time bleaching my hair. 

The last step I'm going to do now is dye my hair the Nice'n Easy 103 A color: Medium Neutral Ash Blonde. I've heard that ashy colors counteract orange tones. I really am praying that when I wash this dye out it'll be a cool ash shade. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow looking like an idiot.

Plus, the sooner it turns out a great color, the sooner I can do some serious intense repair work. I have naturally curly hair. Super curly, super frizzy, super hard to tame without using a straightening iron. 

So, this is after the 104 A coloring:


This was mostly disappointing. The only plus after using this was the dye took out most of the orange. I kept the dye on for about 45 minutes as the directions suggested, and while it was on I THOUGHT I could see my bleach blonde roots darkening to a nice ashy color. That didn't stick though.

I'm not satisfied with the current color, but I need to deal with it for a while so my hair can heal. I can feel the dryness of my hair, and to help my hair a bit I gave it a good trim. I'm going to sleep with a good conditioner on my hair tonight and wash it out in the morning before work. 

The next step for my hair? Looking up reviews for another cool ash blonde color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment