Thursday, September 12, 2013

Splat Lightening Kit & Nice'n Easy 103 A Part 1


If you saw my last post, I decided against trying that red. Since the last time I dyed it red it failed horribly. I splurged at Walgreens and bought all of these:


I've heard really good things about the Splat brand in general, and really great things about the bleach they make. Ok, I bought the Super Blonde by Loreal as a backup in case I REALLY need another bleach. I'm keeping the receipt because I don't think I'll actually need it. Last, the Nice'n Easy Medium Neutral Blonde as it's called, looked awesome. I want a cool ashy blonde. 

My current hair color is... brownish red? The red tint stayed after multiple color oop'sing after the last time I dyed it. The roots are a lot lighter than the length of my hair.


As a precaution to the inevitable damage that will happen to my hair I got these:

Redken brand is known as one of the best, and most salons use their products. This shampoo by them claims it can soften the damage and help rebuild hair, which I believe because it has protein in it. 
The second thing is an argan oil deep treatment. It strengthens, and prevents further breakage. 
The third is John Frieda full repair conditioner, which got good reviews.
Last is Aussie's 3 minute miracle, which is known as an inexpensive great repairing conditioner.

I have 2 days of off work in a row so I wanted to get started as quickly as I could! Here we go!

Well, my first impression of Splat is that they didn't give enough bleach. I have shoulder length hair and  didn't have enough to go over some parts of my head. I don't even have super thick hair. I'm glad I bought the second bleach kit.

This is my hair after using Splat:


It did lighten my hair, and yeah, mostly to a light gingery color, but I did dye my hair red a while ago, so I expected this. Most of my roots are blonde, but there are patches of brown where, as I said, I couldn't really go over because there wasn't as much product as I thought there'd be. 

Next up: The Born Blonde hair bleach:

That stuff is great. There is a significant increase in the amount of product you get, and it is less expensive than Splat. I also prefer the consistency. It is more of a non drip creme, and Splat is more of a liquid.

I ended up dumping a lot of the Born Blonde down the drain because they really do give a lot of product, but it is great knowing that you can completely cover your head and get all the spots you need to.

Tip: Whether or not you use all of the bleach, wash out the container before you throw it out. It is possible for pressure to build up and the bottle to blow.

The following pictures are after the second bleaching. I'm super fluffy.





My hair here is a strawberry blonde! It isn't bad, but I really want the reddish orange out. For that I won't bleach or dye, I'll turn to my Jhirmack brand purple shampoo. Instead of jumping in the shower and using it, I just make my hair damp, put the shampoo on, and wrap my head in a towel. It says on the directions to rinse after 2 minutes, but I usually leave it on for upwards of 30 minutes. It is a miracle shampoo that really does get rid of orangeness the more you use it. 

I used this stuff back when I ombre'd my hair. 

This is day 1, tomorrow I will take more of the orange out of my hair and actually dye it with the Nice n Easy color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment