Friday, September 20, 2013

Followup After Bleaching

I was well aware of the fact that bleaching my hair several times in 2 days would significantly damage my hair. Unfortunately I'm one of those people that has to see it to believe it, as I'm an optimist who likes to believe that things aren't really that bad.

Now, my hair was damaged before. I had split ends and slight dryness, but NOW, my hair doesn't really feel like hair. Dry doesn't even begin to describe it. When my hair is wet, the only way to describe how it feels is wet & rubbery. When air drying, the time it takes to dry is about 3X what it took before.

Needless to say, bleaching 3 times in 2 days is not a good idea for anyone. As much as I want longer hair, having long dead hair is not ideal. My plan is to go get a nice short haircut, and order some hair extensions online. If my hair is feeling healthy enough after the cut, I need to dye it back to dark brown. Yes, even after all I did to it, it needs to go back.

Exactly a week ago is when I finished my hair dying marathon, and even though that is such little time, I already have dark roots appearing. Initially when I had the idea to go blonde, I didn't mind the idea of touching up my roots every now and then, but I need to force myself to leave my hair alone and stop dying it. Especially after dealing with how it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment