Monday, January 18, 2016

DIY Blackhead Removal Based on Pinterest Recipe - Fail

I found a website on Pinterest that had a 2 ingredient recipe for a peel off face mask that'll remove your blackheads, sounds perfect doesn't it? (--> Find original text here <--) So I decided to try it for myself!

I've never really had a problem with acne, but I nearly constantly have blackheads/whiteheads on my nose, forehead, and chin. I do love those nose strips, but they are ridiculously pricy for the amount you get.


The recipe is simple: 1 tsp of gelatin & 3 tsp of milk. I mixed it together in a small cup and microwaved it for 15 seconds. The picture on the site makes it appear that it isn't runny at all, but based on the comments I was expecting it to be and it only is at first. Let it sit in the cup for like 15 minutes and it won't be bad at all.

What it looks like:


 I exfoliated my skin first and washed it, then applied the mask. It smells how you would expect it too.. like curdled old, hot milk, so it's fun to put right by your nose. I did put it all over my face, because if it works I want it to take everything. It goes on and stays clear, so I'm not sure how it appears thick and white on the original website.

After:

 Yeah, I don't recommend doing this how I did it. DON'T apply it all over your face. I can compare peeling this off your face to slowly ripping off a stuck bandaid. It will rip off your eyebrows, it will irritate your skin, it will make your skin bleed while taking it off. The only positive is that your skin will be very very soft. My whiteheads remained, as did the deep blackheads on my forehead, it did take out the ones on my nose. If you have a near panic attack while trying to take this stuff off (like I did) use hot water to get it off (like I did after freaking out for 20 minutes).

I don't have sensitive skin at all, and this irritated my skin so much, my skin is all red. Yes that is blood on the tip of my nose and on my upper lip from trying to get this stuff off. 

Have I convinced you to try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment