Saturday, January 14, 2017

Monat Haircare

A few months ago I visited my hairstylist and she was telling me about a brand she found and was in love with: Monat. I had never heard of it, and still never hear about it on the scale of other brands like Olaplex. This brand advertises itself as having all natural products, and if you look at pictures of before and afters you'll be intrigued. They have a good variety of products, several of which promote hair regrowth. My hair isn't too unhealthy, I do have a good amount of split ends though, but as my hair gets longer, the ends tend to not be as thick as the middle length of my hair. After going back and forth on what product to buy, I settled on the 'Power Boost System' which consists of the S3 hair supplements (which I assume are a variety of biotin pills) and a volumizing and hair regrowth supporting spray:
Now, if you're asking yourself "why didn't you buy more of those products, they sound great?!" that would be because this cost $99. Because of course it does. You can't hear about miracle haircare products that only cost $20. I've been super hesitant to try Monat for this reason, but, again, my hairstylist has been talking about the miracles they do, and she has never promoted a product in all the time I've known her.

ANYWAY

I'm only on day 2 of the supplements, but I plan to take photos of my hair a week at a time to show a difference. However, I just tried the spray for the first time and wanted to share the results.

Before:




This was taken after my shower before last. The picture on the left is after blow drying my hair straight, and the picture on the right is after using a straightening iron (believe it or not). Pretty much no matter what my hair is fluffy. I blame it on using a brush since I have very curly hair, and curls and brushes do not mesh. 

After:


Same as before, picture on the left was after blow drying, and picture on the right was from straightening with an iron. I didn't expect to see a difference after one use, but I definitely did. The spray itself made my hair feel like it had more texture, sort of similar to those texturizing cremes. The biggest difference is very obvious: my hair is less frizzy and significantly smoother. I've been drying and straightening my hair the same way for years, and afterwards my hair has never been as smooth as it is after using the Monat spray. 

I look forward to seeing further results as I use the products. Also, I have a hair appointment on Wednesday where my stylist is going to use different Monat products on my hair to let me try them out, afterwards I might get more and post my results.





No comments:

Post a Comment