Monday, February 18, 2013

Hair follow up & Recommendation!

It wasn't super easy to see the results of my hair when I dyed it  over a week ago, but a lot has changed to it, for the better actually.

I wanted ombre hair, but to get my natural color back on top I needed to dye it my normal medium brown.  Of course with brown hair dyes it is well known that the dye will initially be much darker than the box shows, it does fade however, and my hair is now exactly how I wanted it to be.

When I first used the Feria product on the bottom part of my hair, it turned out more orange than I would've wanted. This isn't the products fault, my hair was a reddish brown before hand, and I expected as much to happen.  NORMALLY, I react to fix my hair rather than thinking it out, for example, the bottom of my hair being orangish, I would immediately want to dye it to make it better looking. HOWEVER, I did a little homework and fixed my hair, without damaging it at all.

There is a miracle product out there called Jhirmack Silver Shampoo.
The shampoo itself is actually purple. If you've heard of purple shampoos you will know that they help take out brassiness, yellowing, and orange tones in hair. That is EXACTLY what this stuff did to my hair. The bottle suggests leaving on for no more than 2 minutes. What I did was mix a good amount of this shampoo and a good amount of a deep conditioning mask. I left it on my hair for 45 minutes and the result was better than I could've hoped for.
My hair is much more blended now, and is more of a reddish blonde. Zero orange. I've used the shampoo several times now for the 2 minutes it suggests, there are still subtle changes after each use. I can see more blonde pieces coming through in my  hair.

The great part is that this shampoo isn't hard to find. It is at Walgreens, amazon, and was at my local grocery store. It is only $4.99 too so it won't break the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment